Solution Architect Specialist
Networks, Service Platforms, Mobile Architecture & Solutions
6 Months - Late Jan / Early Feb start
Remote work available- travel to Birmingham or Bristol when required
- The Solution Architect Specialist will be the accountable Technology lead for the high-level design of end to end strategic and tactical architectural solutions for multiple cross-company, cross-functional, highly complex services, products, projects and programmes. They are also Accountable for the impact assessment and defining the scope of the solutions created for all technology systems, services and platforms across multiple domains.
- They will ensure that the architectural solution meets cost, quality, time and benefit criteria, maximising efficiency where possible without compromising quality.
- They will seek agreement with the business, DAs and including the relevant CFU, and EA to provide a end to end technical solution for all stakeholders. There will be one "Prime" SA lead for every cross functional Technology project, from IT and/or Networks. This is not an additional role, rather one of the existing SAs (CFU/CU, Domain, CoE for IT). It will be agreed based on the degree of change in the Network and IT domains.
- The SA will progressively pickup responsibility for an idea from an Enterprise Architect or SAs who were involved in Planning as a project matures. They should engage with colleagues (typical Design Authorities or transport designers) for a specialist steer, but remain accountable for direction of the project.
- At the Specialist level, work will focus on projects within a given business domain where change is primarily driven by the commercial propositions (e.g. Marketing, Wholesale etc.) with supporting IT development.
- Experience of Producing End to End Solution Designs ideally in a telco environment.
- Practical experience of designing/planning/ testing/ operating a 5G / LTE / 4G /3G/2.5G / Cs networks.
- Designing / Planning / Testing / Supporting any of the following services: VoLTE, VoWiFi, VoIP, MMS, SMS, Push to Talk, ESN, Content Based Billing, Mobile Content Delivery, Adult Content Filtering, IN Service design.
- Familiarity with IT provisioning, billing, CRM solutions.
- TOGAF and/or ITIL practitioner.
- Familiarity with X.509 certificate management, log monitoring solutions, reverse proxies, Active Directory solutions, web application firewalls (WAF & APIs), OWASP or any other security framework.
- Some knowledge of mobile and converged networks architecture and functions, and corresponding standards bodies in the industry
- Knowledge of IT security principles, architecture and functions, and corresponding standards bodies in the industry
- Analytical Thinking - problem solver
- TOGAF / ITIL and CCNA qualifications desirable.
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Propose technical solution and seek design assurance approval at appropriate stages of the strategy, demand and delivery processes.
- Accountable for assessing and providing solution input and costings for DAD or IFD responses (in consultation with relevant Design Authorities, Test/Labs and relevant EA if appropriate).
- Accountable for producing the technical proposed end to end solution design (TAD) in consultation with the relevant DAs, SAs and EAs.
- Participate in vendor selection exercises (which would be principally driven by the DA
- Engage domain DAs from Networks, IT and Cyber Engineering to assess the impacts on their systems and document these in the Engage Domain EA to agree any updates to the strategy, target or roadmap as a result of the engagement with the project.
- Producing designs that are aligned with Enterprise Architecture, Security Architecture and strategic directions
- Working with design, project management and testing teams to assess nature of the change, the solution, Security impacts and costs.
- Assist in escalations by the Prime EA for issues with the proposed solution or its alignment to strategy.
- new systems or features.
- Work with Business Analysts to refine the business requirements and provide a technical compliance to business and security