Location: City of London
An exciting opportunity for a Solution Architect to join one of our clients, who are a multinational reinsurance company and number one in their space! You will have the ability to make a significant impact to the global organisation by designing and implementing IT solutions to meet business requirements in accordance with enterprise and technical architecture
- To lead and develop the architectures for systems, balancing and ensuring consistency between functional, service quality and systems management requirements following the IT target architecture and reusing existing patterns.
- To provide input in the selection of systems architecture components, and coordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency
- To support development and management of target design, policies and standards including IT security and quality guidelines
- To communicate architecture objectives to business stakeholders and consults during the development of product requirements
- To understand the business entity's TOM, business strategy and Lloyd's or Company market
- To be the responsible architect for the respective business portfolio. To be an active proposer of process improvement and technical solutions to accelerate the digital transformation.
- To communicate architecture objectives to senior business stakeholders and consult during the development of product requirements
- To be responsible for implementation of technology solutions and mapping of business requirements to systems/technical requirements in alignment with enterprise and technical architecture
- To be responsible for the design and implementation of solutions with the aim of enabling growth, reducing of complexity and improvement of inefficient (manual) processes by leveraging existing architectural patterns whenever possible
- To assume technical lead role in implementation projects
- To lead the design of application architectures
- To be responsible for the adherence to appropriate standards (performance, monitor capability, audit acceptability, secure environment)
- To be responsible for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements
- To collaborate with business owners to ensure effective benefit realisation
- To help drive forward good conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for customers / policyholders.
- To lead / support the process of transitioning completed projects into support
- To lead the analysis and problem solving of severe application incidents
- To be responsible for driving of synergies within Global Specialty Insurance (GSI)
Key Skills & Experience:
- Strong project delivery background. Ideal 5 years of experience in system design,systems integration or software development as a developer / architect
- Strong knowledge of the processes of the entire software development and product life cycle: DevOps principles, patterns, UML, agile development practices
- Experience in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture, cloud architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints.
- Common frameworks such as e.g., REST, struts, spring, hibernate, etc. and familiar Database technologies (MS SQL, JDBC, PL/SQL, stored procedures)
- Lead and guide development of an Informatica based ETL architecture
- Track record of successful implementations that delivered value to the business, resulting in measurable business outcomes
- Thought leadership - able to monitor market trends and to drive creative thinking on future technology capabilities which support digitalization of business processes and increase business value.
- Proficiency in data modelling and design, including SQL development
- Knowledge of on-premise and cloud based solutions
- Knowledge in the use of workflow solutions
- Knowledge in the use of SOAP and REST based APIs
- Have demonstrated a working knowledge of the following concepts/skills:
- Process Mapping
- Data flow diagrams
- Ability to work with third parties and offshore development teams
- 25 Days Holiday with option to purchase more
- 10% Pension with no employee contribution required
- 4 Wellness days per annum
- Private Medical, Health, Life Insurance
- Annual bonus
- Flexible benefits + many more!
If you feel like you have the skills and experience and are keen to pursue a role as a Solution Architect with a world leader in insurance/reinsurance, then please click the link to apply for immediate consideration and a confidential chat!