SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
Remote / Portsmouth / Farnborough
c.£40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
Career and Development Opportunity
Full benefits package includes - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, medical cover, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts etc
A World leading Defence, Science and Technology Prime Service provider are continuing to invest billions into their products and services. Due to rapid growth and expansion working in partnership with high profile clients on the most cutting edge projects, there a number of new critical roles open within the group.
We are looking for someone to join our established team and play a role in the preparation of information for design certification and customer acceptance.
You will be completing VCRI documents and assist in collating the verification evidence provided by the verification team, filing, cataloguing and reporting on compliance as well as capturing commentary that needs to be clearly communicated to acceptance reviews.
This role requires attention to detail and experience in the production of verification evidence and compliance management to assist the presentation of evidence, status and consequences to a broad stakeholder group. Your experience should include use of DOORS (desirable), excel, PPT and ideally the ability to read Sys ML artefacts, such as sequence diagrams.
You will be working with experienced software test engineers and SME's therefore this is a well-supported opportunity to develop and practice your software test engineering skills.
- Adhering to the plans prepared by the Lead Engineer and providing suggested improvements
- Using DOORS to reflect traceability and status as directed by the Lead Engineer;
- Capture of test evidence;
- Assisting in the preparation of documentation for sign off including the Acceptance Evidence Document;
- Assisting in the production of Tracking Problem Reports;
- Assisting in the updating of the verification and compliance matrix;
- Assisting in the preparation of evidence packs for Assurance Events and other reviews as required by the Lead Engineer;
- Assisting in the analysis of data and production of Short Technical Notes presenting evidence;
- Assisting in the presentation of evidence to stakeholders in preparation for and during Acceptance Working Groups.
- 3 - 5 years experience
- Ability to work methodically within a team;
- Experience in using DOORS;
- Ability to read Sys ML diagrams generated in Enterprise Architect software, such as sequence diagrams;
- Experience in Acceptance process, Design Certification and Evidence reporting.
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.
Interviews will take place over the next few weeks and we are short listing as we speak!
If you need any further information drop me (Craig) an email at