Role : Software Integration Engineer (SC Clearance )
Duration: Until 30/09/2023 (15 Months )
Rate: £600 - £700 per day
Engagement: Outside IR35
TO QUALIFY, YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGTH TO WORK IN THE UK with SC Clearance
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Software Integration Engineering Service will support the technical team responsible for onboarding of customer applications and implementing infrastructure automation components which form part of the NSoIT(D) Platform. These automation components will primarily be developed using Windows PowerShell and will focus on Windows Server components including its various features and services, Windows software products, NSoIT(D) customer specific applications running under Windows, SDDC (Software Defined Data Center) tools such as VMware PowerCLI and VMware PowerNSX, as well as interactions with external REST APIs and services. This work will also entail working with other teams to troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues.
- At least 12 months' demonstrable hands on experience within the last 3 years of:
- Creating complex PowerShell automation modules for production systems utilising at least PowerShell v4 as a minimum.
- Designing solutions to meet 'bare metal' or 'zero touch' provisioning requirements.
- Automated deployment of server, network or storage technologies across multiple vendors.
- Building or supporting large Windows infrastructure environments.
- Working as part of an Agile development team.
- Demonstrable experience of:
- Deployment of complex applications, including Solarwinds, Splunk, VMware Horizon and VEEAM. Advanced PowerShell coding features e.g. Workflows, Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Bare Metal Deployment.
- Test driven development using tools such as Jenkins.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Advanced Automated Administration with Windows PowerShell (OD10962C) course or similar.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems and propose new ideas.
- Hold a valid Security Clearance (SC)
- Competency in MS Office Suite.
Desirable skills, qualifications, and experience
- Knowledge of the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo) to record, document and test work.
- At least one of the following professional certifications that have been obtained within the last five years:
- Virtualisation certification - VMware VCP (VMware vCenter Certified Professional) or similar.
- Windows Server certification - MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) / MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) or similar.
- Software Development certification - OCA (Oracle Certified Associate) or similar.
- Experience of:
- Working within the public sector, preferably Defence, and ideally with Defence Digital (formerly ISS).
- Delivering accredited secure solutions within the UK Public Sector.
- NATO FAS applications
- The High and Low level design of Windows Server technologies.
Must have the right to work in the UK. For questions contact me and I will be happy to help.