Job Title: Software Engineer
Candidates need to be SC Eligible
Who you'll be working with
The role falls within the "Data and Analytics" delivery centre of Capgemini's HMRC market unit. The group provides a wide range of data and analytics solutions in support of HMRC's business priorities: maximise revenues, bear down on avoidance and evasion, improve and transform tax systems and respond to current Covid challenges. You'll work primarily within an agile team including software architects and fellow software engineers. You will also be supported by product managers, scrum masters and solutions architects. With additional client and key stakeholder interaction as required.
The focus of your role
The design, development, testing and support of data and analytics software solutions within the HMRC MU.
What you'll do
* Work as part of an Agile software delivery team; typically delivering within an Agile Scrum framework.
* You will work on the full range of software engineering and solutions development activity; covering requirements gathering and analysis, solutions design, software coding and development, testing, implementation and operational support.
* You will contribute to the software engineering communities by providing your ideas for innovation and process improvement and coaching and mentoring other team members.
What you'll bring
* Experience as a software engineer delivering within large scale data analytics solutions.
* Ability to operate at all stages of the software engineering lifecycle
* Awareness of devops culture and modern engineering practices
* Experience of Agile Scrum based delivery
* Proactive in nature, personal drive, enthusiasm, willingness to learn
* Excellent communications skills including stakeholder management
* Design solutions with understanding of the architecture and NFRs
* Providing technical leadership and governance
* Build engineering capability within your team and wider Data and Analytics
* Responsible for impacts being produced by your team
* Build high performing engineering led teams
* Accountable for the quality of deliverables your team are producing, and continually look for ways to improve it
Must have technologies:
Full knowledge of the development lifecycle
Good to have:
IBM z/OS Systems Programming
Awareness of Configuration Management
JCL, z/OS, IBM, MS Office tools
Experience of z/OS upgrades
Knowledge of Agile methodology, Jira/Confluence
Awareness of Risk, Change & Problem M