Software Engineer - Portsmouth
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market-leading company offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
We're looking to appoint an innovative and passionate Software Engineer to join an established, highly skilled and dynamic team to work on an important project for sensitive customers within the Defence & National Security sectors.
Working within a fast-paced agile environment you'll use C# WPF to support the application development to provide next generation capability across a number of key programmes of work, supporting some of the largest Defence customers in the industry.
As one of our client's Software Engineers, you'll work on a new innovative product for the MOD and be part of a team tasked with creating next generation cutting edge products that enhance the MOD's current capabilities, as well as provide a range of new offerings.
We are looking for an innovative and passionate Software engineer, looking for a challenging role on an exciting programme. You will be in a hands-on technical role, working in a fast-paced agile team, tackling challenging a variety of problems with innovative solutions.
Working closely with the customers, you will be able to elicit requirements, contribute to client demos and ensure the service meets expectations. The team are passionate about what they do, able to embrace emerging technologies and positively apply these into daily working practices.
Relevant Skills & Experience
- Experience developing C# WPF applications
- Knowledge of Server/Client architectures
- Use of .NET tech such as WCF and MEF
- Knowledge of Database software packages such as PostgreSQL and MSSQL
- Agile / Scrum development
- Installation and support of software systems
- Documentation writing and maintenance
The organisation is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme also means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need either hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- Significant long-term investment in learning and development
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets