Malvern or Remote
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to important customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market leading company offers the opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
We are looking for someone to join our team of highly technical multi-disciplined and enthusiastic engineers and project managers.
These projects span a diverse range, from pure research through to product development and deployment. Recent projects include specification, development and delivery of; Training and Simulation Systems, Next Generation Global Navigation Systems, Counter-Drone systems, Underwater Signature Measurement Ranges, Autonomous Systems, Networks and Databases, Specialist Test Systems and Electronic Warfare Test Systems.
You will be joining a team of highly technical multi-disciplined and enthusiastic engineers contributing to the development and installation of software. You will work numerous stakeholders in a diverse team; activities include:
- Development and Optimisation of C# / WPF, .NET Software Components using Visual Studio
- C++ Development
- Network Communications
- Message Interface / API Design
- Multi-Threaded Development
- Porting and integration of legacy
- Experience of dotNet memory analysis techniques; use of Memory Profilers to identify performance bottlenecks
- Instrumentation of software for benchmarking and verification of performance requirements
- Production of supporting technical documentation for solution
- Deployment of software components and configuration of VMWare Virtual Machines
- Knowledge of RTI Connext DDS for data transfer within the Business Services
- Expert C# Knowledge
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) - Advanced / Expert
- Model-View-View-Model (MVVM) Architecture
- Design Patterns
- Windows 10 Development Platform
- Knowledge of Virtualisation Environments (VMWare)
- Atlassian Development Tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Memory Analysis / Profiler Tools (e.g. RedGate ANTS Memory Profiler)
- Adherence to Coding Standards (e.g. Parasoft dotTest, Jetbrains Resharper)
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits, flexible working and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets