Inside of IR35
Must have previous GOV.UK experience
1. Significant and demonstrable experience of one or more development languages such as Java and Node.js.
2. Significant and demonstrable experience of one or more database technologies such as PostGres, MongoDB, MySQL and Cassandra.
3. Significant and demonstrable experience of one or more Source control and build tools such as Git and Jenkins
4. Significant and demonstrable experience of one or more Test Driven Development using tools such as J-Unit and Jasmine.
5. Extensive working knowledge and proven experience of working within an agile software development framework using SCRUM or Kanban to manage delivery and release processes in a continuous delivery environment, leading multiple software engineering delivery teams.
6. Extensive knowledge of developing software applications on cloud based environments, providing solutions using Open Source technologies and development practices to build fit for purpose branching strategies, with experience of Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating System.
* Java Spring (Spring Boot, Spring REST)
* Relational or NoSQL Database experience
* CI/CD tooling (e.g. GitLab)
* Microservices and Event driven architecture.
As a Software Engineer you will follow TDD principles to produce quality software with an emphasis on automation. You will develop the products which make up our citizen and staff services in-line with end client engineering strategy. You will work in an Agile team, collaborating with Delivery Managers, Business Analysts, Test Automation Engineers, Technical Architects and other Software Engineers. You will participate in Agile ceremonies such as refinement, estimating, planning and review sessions.
- London, Greater London, England
- Job Type:
- Cloud & Infrastructure
- Job reference:
- 25 days ago