Software Engineer - Malvern
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
As the company continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. Their formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market-leading company offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
Working here is more than just a job - as an innovative science and technology company, they solve customer's most challenging problems and many of the projects you will work on are of national importance. Everything is focused on defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of customers.
We are looking to appoint enthusiastic, talented Software Engineers to join an established, highly skilled and dynamic team based out of Malvern. You will work as part of the Software discipline to develop and maintain software products for customers within Defence & National Security sector.
The Software discipline supports a broad range of capabilities from designing submarines to providing cyber-security services and is at the forefront of developing innovative software solutions to meet the demanding requirements of important customers and partner organisations.
You'll join a group of professional software developers and engineers who work across the land, sea, air and space domains of the business. The successful candidate will be integrated into a dynamic and fast-paced development environment, where you'll use the latest software development technologies and techniques to develop innovative software solutions.
- Commercial experience across multiple software language (C#, C++, Python and/or .Net)
- Degree in a computer science, engineering or maths subject or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Experience of the Software Development Life-cycle including Agile
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Proactively anticipate problems and solve independently
- Demonstrates a culture of continuous improvement and ownership
- Soft Skills: Communication skills, report writing, ability to estimate effort, ability to determine activities
- Willingness to learn / adaptable / self-starter
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme also means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need either hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- Significant long-term investment in learning and development
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets