Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Salary- £54,586- £65,126
My client, a major financial services organisation, is recruiting for 2 Software Developers in Test as they go through a period of rapid growth as a result of significant investment. This is a permanent position and is suitable for individuals who have experience using a range of agile tools
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) role is key to the success and ambition in delivering change quickly, efficiently and safely. As an SDET You will be embedded into the digital development sprint teams ensuring, both functional and non-functional acceptance criteria are achieved.
Roles and Responsibilities
This role is perfect for someone who is looking to work in a fast-paced environment, operating at a technical and tactical level, while solving difficult problems! Your role will include but not be limited to.
- Provide QA mentoring and support within product delivery teams to ensure alignment to quality standards resulting in positive testing outcomes!
- Involved in all stages of digital development including, test analysis, automation, planning, execution, reporting
- Design, Build, Implement, improve and continually maintain automated testing frameworks and test packs at all levels of the application stack (Including, API, Service Fabric, Application)
- Familiar with a range of agile tools and technologies such as Selenium, Specflow, Webdriver, Sandbox, NUnit, SOAP UI, Blaze Meter, JMeter Octopus, TeamCity, GIT and Jira
- Promote and deliver best practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavioural Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (Cl) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
Skills and Experience
- Continuous Integration (Cl) for all types of automated tests (functional and non-functional tests)
- In depth knowledge and experience of implementing complex functional and non-functional test automation using Agile automation techniques and tools
- Experience with automated testing in Agile / TDD / BDD environment
- Good understanding of automation in a micro-services architecture
- Good knowledge of design, architecture and development principles
- Familiarity of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles
- Ability to articulate and champion the role of testing in an overall QA function
- Ability to influence wider teams of the benefits of a culture of "Shift Left"
- Experience of Agile estimation, planning and management (Stories, Tasks, Defects etc.)
- Experience of spinning up test environments and deployment of code