Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer you will provide hands-on coding, technical leadership and oversight to less experienced Software Engineers to deliver quality outcomes in line with our clients engineering strategy.
You will be responsible for the operational stability of the products you build and ensure the on-going robustness and resilience of those products.
You'll place an emphasis on assurance automation and CI/CD principles in your approach. You'll have experience of SQL and no-SQL database applications such as Postgres, MySQL, and Mongo DB, and you should have used distributed version control systems such as Git.
You will work in an Agile team, collaborating with Delivery Managers, Business Analysts, Test Automation Engineers, Technical Architects and other Software Engineers. You will participate in Agile ceremonies such as refinement, estimating, planning and review sessions.
1. Significant and demonstrable experience of one or more development languages such as Java and Node.js.
2. Significant and demonstrable experience of one or more database technologies such as PostGres, MongoDB, MySQL and Cassandra.
3. Significant and demonstrable experience of one or more Source control and build tools such as Git and Jenkins
4. Significant and demonstrable experience of one or more Test Driven Development using tools such as J-Unit and Jasmine.
5. Extensive working knowledge and proven experience of working within an agile software development framework using SCRUM or Kanban to manage delivery and release processes in a continuous delivery environment, leading multiple software engineering delivery teams.
6. Extensive knowledge of developing software applications on cloud based environments, providing solutions using Open Source technologies and development practices to build fit for purpose branching strategies, with experience of Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating System.
* Java Spring (Spring Boot, Spring REST)
* Relational or NoSQL Database experience
* CI/CD tooling (e.g. GitLab)
* Microservices and Event driven architecture.