Location: Leeds, Southport, Exeter, London
Our client is currently looking for Software Developers to work in our critical business area, the Platforms Directorate. You will be at the heart of designing the core infrastructure that connects the thousands of digital service providers across the UK's health and care systems. This permanent role is ideal for Software Developers who love solving complex problems.
Exciting opportunity to support our vision to deliver a modern platform approach to our products and services, that make a difference to people's lives and improve health outcomes of people in the UK.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the latest technology such as Public Cloud, the top development languages in an Agile / DevOps environment.
- Collaborate with customers, delivery managers, product owners, systems engineers to deliver features with a high-level of business value.
- Build and run a broad range of highly available and secure systems with large scale transactional and data volumes supporting the wider health and social care ecosystem.
- Optimise the performance of connected systems, deliver new services, or improve existing services, while ensuring value for money for the public sector.
- Predominantly use open-source technology on AWS, Azure and commodity hardware based infrastructure
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge in software development, architecture and design with experience of appropriate and representative languages, frameworks, platforms and tools.
- Knowledge of delivering and running end-to-end from writing code to operation.
- Experience of leading a workstream within a software development team, or similar levels of individual responsibility, on complex technical problems and
- collaborating with external suppliers.
- Ability to experiment with new technologies to assess their fit for specific business problems and improve existing technologies to provide the best customer outcomes.
- Ability to adopt and adapt appropriate methods, tools, and techniques to ensure they are applied effectively for successful deliveries.
- Ability to compare solution approaches across capabilities with associated expressions of cost, risk, timescales.
- Experience of engineering a simple system or comparable system components. Able to contribute to best use patterns for working with appropriately selected technologies to meet business problems.
- Working understanding of, and exposure to the DevOps cultural approach across the end-to-end product lifecycle.