Software Design Engineer
12 - 18 months
Cambridge 2-3 days a week
Up to £100,000 per year
Come and join an incredibly talented multi-disciplinary team of laser physicists, optical physicists, electronics engineers, and computer scientists working together in a tight-knit team to build this storage technology of the future.
You would be responsible for working on the software for the optical imaging systems.
- Maintaining our existing C# codebase which controls our optical imaging systems.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting interactions between the hardware and software.
- Designing and implementing new features in the codebase to support ongoing research activities.
- Working closely with optical physicist to understand their needs and help smooth their day-to-day workflow.
- C# coding, at least 3 years industry experience.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervisions towards defined tasks as part of a team.
- Multi-threaded coding experience.
- C/C++ native coding experience.
- BA in Computer Science (Masters or PhD preferred), or related field.
- Experience working in a research setting (eg, PostDoc, Research Assistant, or Research Software Engineer (RSE))
If you feel like you match the requirements, then please submit your CV and we will be in touch!