Role: Site Reliability Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 (DOE)
Duration: 18 months
Start date: ASAP - 1 month
Could you be one of the next Site Reliability Engineer at one of the biggest gaming studios?
These fundamental positions are part of an exciting new range of roles to strengthen our current team and prepare for the future. As an Site Reliability Engineer, you will be working Site Reliability Team on an 18-month contract. You'll be providing players with unforgettable shared experiences in games loved by millions worldwide.
By joining the studio, you'll be joining one of the finest studios in the industry with support from the wider Game Studios network. We're always on the lookout for exceptional people who can bring their expertise and unique thinking to help make our team even stronger!
As an SRE your main purpose is solving for scale through collaboration and automation, bringing engineering principles to infrastructure and operational problems. You will work closely with the different teams to help improve manual tasks, operational processes, lower complexities & risks, break down team silos through improved communication and really get involved with them to reinvent how they work to help them succeed.
You will work with a scaling platform, maintaining its programmable infrastructure and maximising the availability of the workloads that run on it, both at a live production & deliverable lifecycle level. With constant improvement and automation as core principles, a lot of this role is thinking about inefficient and time-consuming things that are happening and putting a stop to them as soon as possible. You will always arrive at most problems by saying "I'm going to take the time to automate this right now and stop anyone else from having to do this painful thing"
- Minimising downtime to products & services
- Ensuring the platform is stable, scalable and completely automated
- Helping to improve and shorten development/process lifecycles
- Applying effective monitoring & alerting in place
- Supporting release through stable and automated pipeline processes
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of languages such as PowerShell, C#
- Managed/implement large scale distributed server systems within Azure
- Worked on modern release pipelines - CI/CD (Octopus Deploy/Azure DevOps/TeamCity)
- Knowledge of Azure monitoring, alerting, message queues
- Understand or worked within an Incident Management Process (ITSM)
If you are any of the following:
- An innovator
- Someone that can bring enthusiasm to a room
- An individual that sees opportunity in every problem
- Someone who is confident in their knowledge but also eager to learn and try new things
Then you will see this as a great and exciting opportunity to be involved and surrounded by amazing, fun people who work hard and enjoy what they do.