IS Projects Service Desk Engineer
The IS Projects Service Desk Engineer will work in the IS Projects and Training team supporting the whole portfolio of IS projects being delivered.
- To act as key technical resource for the portfolio of IS projects being delivered supporting the project manager and technical lead responsible for each project.
- Build, configure and implement hardware (iPads, laptops) and software applications
- Provide support for the Windows network, desktop applications, Avaya phone system and other IS systems stated in the technical knowledge skill
- Support third parties onsite for installations
- Train staff on the use of equipment/applications
- To produce technical documentation for use within the department and user guides for the business to ensure the effective use of systems.
- To support the transition of the new service into IS Operations.
- A strong background working in a Service Desk / IS environment troubleshooting and providing technical support, ensuring that service level agreements are met.
- Strong technical knowledge based on significant hands-on IT experience including:
- Support, build, roll-out and administering of Microsoft environments and tools including: Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 2010, Office 365, Active Directory, and Exchange server
- Backup procedures
- PC and server maintenance and configuration
- Application and infrastructure level security
- Support of application, database and operating systems
- To be able to follow Service Desk, Problem, Incident and Change control processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with structured project management methodologies, such as PRINCE2
- Experience of ITIL-based IS processes
- To have a good understanding of the General Data Protection Regulations and the importance of maintaining confidentiality at all times.