Experis are currently recruiting for a Service Desk Analyst for a Central Government Department based in London. The successful contractor will provide 1st Line support for all staff at the department. This role handles calls that have been sent through to the Service Desk, which is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests.
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for reviewing the incidents and requests. Incidents and requests can be resolved by the Service Desk Analyst, however in most circumstances, these will need to be passed onto the ICT Desktop Support Team. The Service Desk Team work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services to staff over the phone, through e-mail, with remote tools, and in person (for walk-in customers).
- 1 year ICT support knowledge/experience
- Assist all users with any logged IT related incident when called upon to do so.
- Accurately record, update and document incidents and requests using the IT Service Desk call logging system (ServiceNow) while keeping user updated.
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out 1st line support problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the user as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Preferred understanding of Citrix Desktop Director and Manage Engine as a way to provide remote support to customers. Will provide training to successful recruit.
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- To maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills via phone, e-mail and instant message, with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Have a "can do" attitude
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working on a rota basis and provide necessary cover where needed.
- Understand and work within the ITIL Service Delivery framework.
- Attend training courses as identified and agreed for appropriate professional development.
- Actively support the equality and diversity policies
- Undertake other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary, without altering the nature or level of BAU (Business As Usual) responsibilities.