Up to £50,000
Are you a service designer looking for your next challenge? This opportunity will see you collaborate, design and deliver.
Our client, a global leader in digital transformation, are looking for an experienced Service Designer to join a collaborative team working on an exciting government project. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a multi-disciplined team of interaction designers, user researchers and content designers to ensure application development is accelerated.
Our client is committed to delivering transformations to customers using Agile and DevOps methodologies. We are looking for professionals who have experience working in this environment and can apply an agile mindset to the work they undertake.
As a service designer you will -
- Analyse failure within services and identify root causes for that failure
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and improvement within an existing service
- Understand user needs and identify where separate interactions with government should act as one service that meet that need. Be able to arrange these separate interactions into rational user journeys within that service.
- Look for commonalities in activities across services where products could be made
- Understand the existing supporting system of a service and design targeted improvements to that system to accommodate the new service - both digital and process based
- Deliver user journeys, User flows, site flows, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes etc
- Identify and design new cross government service patterns and standards
- Understand and have experience of a range of user-centred practices.
- Visualise, articulate and solve complex problems and concepts, and make disciplined decisions based on available information and research evidence
About you -
- Demonstratable experience as a service designer
- Experience of designing the end-to-end journey of a service, offline and digital channels
- Experience of working within the Government Digital Service (GDS) guidelines and standards
- Previously worked with Government agencies
- Evidence of experience in producing documentation such as, presentations, briefings, feature specifications, and processes
- Prototyping in code, and apply technical knowledge and experience to create or design workable prototypes, both programs and physical outputs
Must be eligible for SC clearance.
This role is predominantly remote working. The main project locations for the role are Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, Telford and Worthing. Infrequent customer visits to one of the above-mentioned locations may be required.
Our client's ambition is to be a diverse and inclusive company where people are truly free to be themselves. They can thrive, achieve their personal goals and innovate without limitations. We welcome everyone to apply.
Family friendly, flexible working arrangements will be considered across all roles.
- Attractive salary
- 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more through our Flexible Benefits
- Flex benefits system - exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
- Retail discounts
- Pension - matching contribution up to 10%
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enrolment in our Share scheme - subject to scheme eligibility criteria
- Unlimited opportunities to learn in our Training platforms