Description: Senior UX Designer
Rate: £500-£600 per day
Inside of IR35
Location 100% Remote working
Clearance Level Active BPSS or eligible to go through the process
Must Have previous GOV.UK experience
As an Interaction Designer you will work across the team, owning the delivery of artefacts and supporting interaction design. You will work alongside researchers and developers to deliver end client services, products and tools which fulfil user needs. You will have a strong understanding of all the elements of interaction design and experience of working in multidisciplinary teams. You will have a solid technical understanding and be comfortable delivering prototypes. Your focus will be on fulfilling user needs and understanding user journeys, using prototypes to do so. You will be interested in developing the design practice and will be comfortable managing small teams whilst also feeding into the larger team.
* Understand user needs and designs services, products and tools to meet them
* Create and iterate prototypes to test and communicate ideas and help the wider team learn about user needs
* Liaise with a multidisciplinary team in an agile environment to turn concepts into user-centred designs
* Understand as-is interaction design and identify improvement opportunities
* Use typography and affordance to improve user experience
* Ensure that the design of services is consistent, both internally and with the rest of GOV.UK
* Deliver best practices around user-centred design processes, user research and experience design
* Identify and understand constraints and able to work within them
* Work across both digital and non-digital platforms to create the best possible user experience
* Understand the bigger picture (high-level flows and processes) as well as the fine detail of individual parts
* Contribute to building an open and collaborative culture within the department and the design community
* Analyse and identify cost saving opportunities whilst implementing best practice interaction design
* Plan and facilitate workshops to drive actionable outcomes
* Manage stakeholder needs across different areas
Technical Skills Required:
- Service Focus - Takes inputs and establishes coherent frameworks that work.
- User centred agile & design practices - Understands and has experience of a range of user-centred practices. Can work with colleagues to plan and do continuous user research in a multidisciplinary team. Able to demonstrate a working understanding of design, technology and data principles. Understands the variety and complexity of users' digital needs and how the product will meet those needs. Understands the importance of assisted digital. Able to design services and make decisions to meet user's needs.
- User Centred Analysis - Able to use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes. Delivers analysis and information that addresses stakeholder needs and provides recommendations. Collaborates with user researchers and other user-focussed professions. Guides others on approaches to understand user stories. Identifies and engages with users / stakeholders to collate user needs evidence, and understands and defines research which fits user needs.
- Systems Integration - Able to build and test simple interfaces, or can work on more complex integration as part of a wider team.
- Communicating Analysis and Insight - Understands the appropriate media to communicate findings. Shapes and shares communications cognisant of the audience. Able to give tactical recommendations