Primary Location: Osterley, London
Employee Status: Permanent
Closing Date: Ongoing
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you'll do:
* Reporting to the Data Process and Tool Manager within the Quality for In-home Connectivity and Streaming you will be part of a
team responsible for designing, building and maintaining a platform of internal tools supporting a variety of stakeholders within Sky,
to improve reliability and performance of Sky's flagship media products. The platform consists of a suite of frontend, backend and
big-data related applications and services, with a more recent focus on integrating cloud-based solutions for some of our data analytics
and reporting tools. Our technologies of choice are Python for our backend services, and React.js for the frontend.
* You will recommend new technologies to strategically improve system performance and reliability as well as evaluate existing processes
and recommend improvements.
* You will also work closely with colleagues responsible for the data services and analytics that allow us to understand and monitor
what is happening in customer homes in the most efficient and proactive way.
* You will bring your own ideas to the table, explore new technologies, engage in teaching sessions to improve your own skills,
ultimately helping to improve the quality of the Sky experience for our customers.
What you'll bring:
* BSc in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or related discipline
* A proven track record in software development (8+ years of experience, 3+ of which in a Principal Engineer or equivalent role)
* Experience in cloud architecture and modern software development best practices
* Experience in working with big data and data analytics
* Experience in iOS application development
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
- City of London
- Job Type:
- Business Transformation
- Job reference:
- 7 months ago