Senior Structural Civil Design Engineer
Location: Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth
Pay rate: £45 LTD/ umbrella, £34/hr PAYE
Main Purpose of Role
The primary purpose of the Senior Structural / Civil Design Engineer is to assist and support the Design Manager in the delivery of project scope. This will include the likes of the following;
* Develop Structural / Civil changes to an existing structure that meet the project safety and functional requirements.
* Produce or update documentation and drawings.
* Incorporating changes and checking the outputs are aligned and consistent with the design intent
* Generate calculations supporting the final design.
* Demonstrate by means of documentation that the final design is complaint with the relevant standards and project requirements.
* Process and issue documentation and drawings. Maintaining the project registers and checking that the correct versions are available
* Prepare work packages for design review and handover
* Check and maintain lifetime records
* Write reports and close out technical queries and data requests.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The candidate must have;
* A track record in Structural / Civil design in a comparable environment.
* Experience working in a multi-disciple environment with multiple interfaces.
* A professional level of competence in the generation of documentation, calculation and drawings (CAD by others).
* The ability to follow an engineering process and maintain accurate records and document/drawing revision control.
* A proven track record in completing work packages in a highly regulated environment would be desirable.
An HNC and significant engineering experience is the minimum requirement. Preferentially, but not mandatory, the candidate will have a degree or equivalent in a Civil or Structural engineering related discipline.
Preferably Chartered Engineer status and member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level.