Senior SRE Engineer
Our client have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior SRE Engineer to join a leading media and entertainment brand. They are an organisation with 24 million customers in 7 countries and offer the chance to make your mark within a truly exciting and technology-driven environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our client's SRE Team. The Software Engineering area is a cross functional team that uses cutting edge technology to provide applications that puts our client ahead of competition across online content, customer service and sales.
The team operate reliability across personalisation and big data services for customers and devices across the world. Being a global capability brings big challenges, and everything the team do, they do at a large scale. To allow them to operate at such a large scale, automation is at the heart of everything. The team deliver a platform and CI/CD solutions to allow developers to build and deploy safely for systems which support millions of concurrent customers.
What you'll do:
- Building our global platforms across multiple clouds and multiple regions to support development teams working on our personalisation, machine learning and big data services
- Enhancing and supporting a build framework for continuous deployment and platform automation
- Mentoring engineers both SRE and developers to help them design the right solutions and promote a culture of reliability and automation
- Working with development teams to diagnose performance, reliability and security issues in applications and system design
- Working with our technical suppliers to ensure our systems are following best practices and taking advantage of new technologies
- Work within the larger reliability department to ensure we are following similar design patterns and avoiding duplicated work
What you'll bring:
- Strong experience using infrastructure as code and working with immutable infrastructure and configuration tools such as Terraform and Ansible to achieve end-to-end automation.
- Experience working with CI/CD solutions to enable automation of infrastructure at scale (pipeline design, testing and best practices using Jenkins/Concourse/GoCD/Gitlab)
- Programming and scripting including testing (Go/Python and BASH)
- Cloud Platforms (designing infrastructure deployment patterns within AWS/GCP and using managed services, such as big data tooling effectively)
- Container Orchestration and mesh networking (e.g., Kubernetes and Istio)
- Good working knowledge of database, in particular strong knowledge in at least one of Kafka or Cassandra
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband.
- Be part of an organisation recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women'
- Six subsidised restaurants on site
- A subsidised gym and private cinema