Experis has an exciting new opportunity within the Public Sector for a Senior Software Engineer to join a team and gain SC Clearance.
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Length: 6 months
Rate: £515 per day (via umbrella)
Note: Candidates must be eligible for UK security clearance.
Software development activity across the full range of development lifecycle; requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding/development, testing, implementation and live support.
This may be within new systems development projects or enhancements and fixes to existing applications.
A software engineering background with proven ability to rapidly learn and apply application development process, tools and programming/scripting languages. Awareness of key SE engineering concepts and governance (design, development, config management and version control, quality control, continuous integration, release/deployment, documentation, built in supportability, built in maintainability, re-use and extensibility)
Specific experience of data solutions development addressing data extraction, transformation and load (ETL) processing and data analytics and reporting requirements.
Familiar with Agile software development principles and practices and experience of delivery as a member of an Agile Scrum team utilising Scrum methodology.
- Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
- Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Assisting the team in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
- Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
- Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility, including negotiation with other team members
- Problem analysis, investigation and resolution
- Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
- Linux/Unix basics
- Shell scripting basics
- SAS Base
- SAS Macro
- SAS Management console (basic admin)
- Users Support
- Understanding Project Life Cycle (impacting, design, dev, testing, implementation and Live Support) in the Agile environment.
- Ability to accurately estimate (based on own experience or/and feedback from the SW engineers) impact of potential SW, Data Structure, Infrastructure or Architecture changes.
- Impacting - EWS/CR.
- Customer meeting/facing - EWS/CR/LS.
- Support Project planning.
- AWS (cloud)
- SAS Administration
- SAS Grid
- SAS Visual Analytics
- SAS Data Integration Studio
- Job Scheduler Berlin
- Overview problem ticket and the platform health.
- Overview and help with difficult release e.g. OM, VRT, etc.
- Facilitate training
Nice to have:
- On call TRUCE SA & TRUCE VAT
- Data mart/Data warehouse design
- Other programming languages (PL/SQL, Java, etc.)
- TWS Maestro
- Expertise in several of the listed technologies
- Database/storage technologies: Oracle, MySQl,, HDFS, Hbase
- Scripting/Programming languages: SQL, PLSQL, HiveQL, Java, Python, Perl, Shellscript, R, Scala, VBA
- Operating systems: Unix, Linux,, Windows
- ETL toolsets: Pentaho DI, Talend, SQL, Informatica
If you meet the above criteria, please apply for the position to be contacted by an Experis Consultant