Role: Senior Software Engineer - GNSS
Rate: Up to £750/day (Umbrella only)
Duration: 9 Months initially
We are looking to appoint an experienced scientist to fulfil a significant role in the design and implementation of Secured Navigation systems, including Global Navigation Satellite System receivers. The role will require an individual who is confident to:
* Conduct the required background research to production timescales;
* Scope solution options for system components and generate technical requirements;
* Develop algorithms;
* Conduct verification activities and generate reports with detailed analysis of the results;
* Work alongside a dedicated software engineering team in a high control production environment.
Able to work autonomously and take responsibility for the work of themselves and others, liaising with project managers and technical leads and taking ownership of discrete packages of work. Accountabilities include:
* Research of customer needs and requirements to align technical outputs;
* Identification, review and selection of scientific techniques, procedures and methods to undertake tasks;
* Identification of risks and opportunities, monitoring through the lifetime of a project;
* Ownership of specific algorithms/models, i.e. the go-to person for the wider Secured Navigation development team;
* Generation of technical outputs, written reports and presentations to customers, demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively with specialist and non- specialist audiences.
We would be interested in individuals with skills in any of the following areas, especially if they have specific domain experience working with navigation systems (including GNSS, Inertial, and Integrated Multi-Sensor Navigation Systems):
* Data Fusion Techniques (including Weighted Least Squares Estimation and Kalman Filtering)
* Digital signal processing knowledge (including GNSS signal structures, acquisition techniques, tracking techniques, interference and multipath mitigation)
* Modelling/ simulation of navigation systems/ sensors
o Mathematical Modelling;
o Algorithm design/ documentation;
o MATLAB modelling
o Performance analysis, e.g. accuracy, integrity, continuity of service
* Working in a software development environment to assist with requirements analysis and functional Architectural Design. A dedicated software engineering team will provide support here but the individual we're seeking will have demonstrated an ability to:
o Write MATLAB code to defined high control coding standards;
o Document work to appropriate standard;
o Define appropriate unit tests and undertake tests to prove software robustness;
o Define appropriate system tests and undertake tests to prove system performance;
o Work in a team on a shared design and code base.
* Innovative self-starters able to show initiative. We're looking for enthusiastic team players who can help develop concepts and solutions to our customers' challenges.
* Good analytical skills. Able to make evaluative judgements based on modelling and simulation or analysis of factual information.
* Sound and comprehensive communications skills in order to exchange complex information both within the team and to external customers.
Experience & Qualifications:
* A good degree in Science, Engineering or Mathematics, or an equivalent, nationally recognised professional qualification.
* Demonstrable experience working as part of multi-disciplined technical teams, responsible for delivery of defined components, sub-systems or functionality.
* The successful candidate will be required to undertake a vetting process and maintain appropriate security clearance.
To apply send your CV in the first instance.