Senior Software Engineer
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to important customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market leading company offers the opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
The Software discipline supports a broad range of capabilities from designing submarines to providing cyber-security services and is at the forefront of developing innovative software solutions to meet the demanding requirements of customers and partner organisations.
- Read into the already produced design documents to understand the connecting equipment, data flows and PCIe cards
- Liase with the team members to understand the already existing and working software that is needed to be encapsulated in the software architectural design
- Implement the design, ensuring the equipment runs in real time
- Maintenance and bug fixing of the hardware software drivers and receiver software
- Optimisation of software for real time performance.
- Conducting FAT and user acceptance testing
We are looking to appoint an experienced Software Engineer to join an established, highly skilled and dynamic team to support with MOD projects related to underwater communication system. As part of a team of engineers, you will be working in an Agile development environment to develop the product to meet our clients ever changing needs. Working with Matlab for prototyping and C++, you will support application development to provide next generation capability across a number of key programmes of work, supporting our largest Defence customers.You will be required to know C++, C or Python, desirable having software / hardware integration experience.
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits, flexible working and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets