Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Hybrid with onsite requirements in London as and when required
Contract Length: Six Months
Our client has chosen to do something incredible. They are totally transforming their business and building our future on smoke-free products that are a better choice than continued smoking. Ultimately we want to stop selling cigarettes for good and as soon as possible.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you'll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
We are looking for world-class Site Reliability Engineer with experience in developing processes, tools and automation for managing distributed systems in production environments. Our team combines software and systems engineering with system administration practices to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems.
We are expecting our SREs to live and breathe customer solutions. Our technology footprint is large and unwiedly and needs to be consolidated, managed, automated and simplified - our constant optimization of it is of huge importance. The delivery team comprises Site Reliability Engineers and DevOps Engineers to help crafting solutions that will delight our markets, regions, functions and ultimately, our consumers. The team interact very closely with our vendor population, especially Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, Adobe and SAP) to deliver change to the technology estate and integrate technology where vendors are less mature.
This position is an integral member of the wider technology function and will be highly visible, work across multiple teams to deliver reliable solutions and drive both efficiency and effectiveness. It is essential that the role holder is a highly collaborative individual. We are seeking individuals that enjoy automating and reducing manual work - quality and time to market is important to us so it's key that we have people who truly believe in this direction.
- Proficiency in coding/scripting languages such as Python, Java, or Go, utilized for automating deployment, configuration, management, and monitoring processes.
- Strong understanding and practical experience with observability/monitoring tooling like New Relic, Dynatrace, or Splunk. Ability to define and create monitors/alerts at both infrastructure and application layers.
- Demonstrated automation skills, showcasing how you've applied automation to solve problems and reduce manual effort and activity.
- Knowledge of distributed computing and cloud-native applications, including proficiency in AWS, Terraform, ELK stack (including monitoring tools as mentioned), PagerDuty/OpsGenie or similar, and Jenkins.
- Awareness of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles, including Service Level Objectives (SLOs), Service Level Indicators (SLIs), and error budgets.
- Understanding of development and operations models, with a holistic view of monitoring systems and processes.
- Experience working in Agile environments, with the ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with an investigative mindset, capable of identifying root causes and implementing effective solutions.
- Strong collaboration skills, able to work effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve common goals.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our success depends on the people who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join my client and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We'll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone's contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world's best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business - our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
THE CLIENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.