Senior Server Engineer
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to important customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market leading company offers the opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
The Senior Server Engineer will proactively work with solution architects and senior engineers to aid in the production of (and/or contributions to) proposals for work (preparation/justification of work programmes/plans/resource estimates)
The Senior Server Engineer will lead tasks to ensure delivered solution follows defined design process and governance procedures and processes through design reviews.
You will be responsible for leading project work across the team as required - participation in reference groups, training and research on new functionality etc
- Technical background with a broad range of knowledge, based on Microsoft Server, VMWare, Cisco networking and a mixture of COTS, MOTS and custom applications.
- Experience providing customer support to IT systems, preferably within the Military environment.
- Practical experience of building VMWare ESXi (ideally VCP6.0 or later) and Microsoft Server 2012 (MCSA ideally, or demonstrable experience).
- A sound technical understanding of IT concepts, including Active Directory, Group Policy Object and DNS architectures.
- Experience in deploying and supporting Enterprise Infrastructure Services including directory, messaging, back-up and storage
- Experience of systems integration, with appreciation of networking requirements for a server infrastructure
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits, flexible working and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets