Role: Senior Server Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
This is a new opportunity for a Server Engineer to join a team of dedicated IT professionals to deliver new and exciting IT systems into the Defence environment.
- This role is suitable for an experienced Server Engineer with a technical background in VMWare vSphere and Microsoft Server.
- Working under Senior Engineers or Architects, the candidate will work on tasks and take responsibility for the task's technical output.
- The applicant will be at ease working within a small to medium sized team and will be able to direct tasks of more junior engineers.
- The applicant will be expected to uphold quality and deliver solutions to budget and time constraints. Solutions must be delivered fully documented so a high standard of written work is expected.
- The candidate must be organized and have exceptional time and personal management and have sound technical knowledge and experience across multiple platforms and technologies
- Proactively work with solution architects and senior engineers to aid in the production of (and/or contributions to) proposal for work (preparation/justification of work programmes/plans/resource estimates)
- Work on, and lead tasks to ensure delivered solution follows defined design process and client governance procedures and processes through design reviews
- Aid with work on existing projects including business as usual tasks.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and advancements in information technology
- Work with management team to drive through a culture of technical and engineering excellence and adherence to client technical governance.
- Build and enhance relationships with peers and Client infrastructure services
- Be responsible for undertaking project tasks across the team as required - participation in reference groups, training and research on new functionality etc.
- Working to be becoming recognised as a Server expert
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrable in-depth experience of designing and building VMWare ESXi and Microsoft Server 2012 and later. Ideally with relevant technical qualifications.
- Experience in working with vRealize Orchestrator
- A sound technical understanding of IT concepts, including Active Directory, Group Policy Object and DNS architectures.
- Experience in deploying and supporting Enterprise Infrastructure Services including directory, messaging, back-up and storage
- Experience of systems integration, with appreciation of networking requirements for a server infrastructure.
- Knowledge of JSP 604 and 440 and associated JSPs would be desirable.