Hybrid / Local Office
c.£45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
Full benefits package includes - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, medical cover, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts etc
We are dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. People around the world depend on us for their safety and security, and to enable the safety and security of others.
Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Our is a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines, and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, we get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems. Being part of our team means being central to the safety and security of the world around us.
The role is responsible for the delivery of planning and scheduling support across all projects and programmes within the portfolio.
Responsibilities will include -
- Working knowledge of programme management principles and how project palling, scheduling and control activities underpin them
- Maintain project schedules and keep project resources on track, provide regular project updates to stakeholders, and maintain contact with staff to monitor job progress.
- Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule, including base lining, status and performance measurement baselines
- Using EVM techniques such as Cost Performance Index (CPI), Schedule Performance Index (SPI), Estimate at Completion (EAC) and Estimate to Complete (ETC)
- Leadership of an IDT's scheduling and project controls support capability
- Development and reporting of project schedule data to senior stakeholders (operating at IDT lead, Director level and above) in a complex projects environment
Key Capabilities, Knowledge and Experience
- Assist in defining and implementing schedule software management processes and procedures
- Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problem
- Significant knowledge of the development and delivery of complex project schedules using proprietary planning tools, specifically PPM2016 or Primavera P6
- Detailed knowledge of a number of technical areas, such as: project controls, EVM, governance and assurance, risk analysis and management, cost management/control/reporting, benchmarking, data analysis and reporting.
- Development, introduction and implementation of project schedule analytics and reporting methodologies and techniques (such Critical Path analysis) into an IDT
- Able to engage, report and challenge at senior stakeholder level
Experience & Qualifications
- Programme or Project Controls Qualification - Practitioner or equivalent
- Project management qualification; APM membership desirable.
- Experience of operating as a project or programme scheduler in a complex environment
- Experience of managing a complex project or programme is desirable
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.
Interviews will take place over the next few weeks and we are short listing as we speak!
If you need any further information drop me (Craig) an email at