Senior Safety Engineer
The purpose of the role is to provide Safety Engineering skills to external and internal clients and to assist in the development of business growth. Tasking will be provided and supervised by the Project Manager and a Principal Safety Engineer where necessary, though a degree of self-starter experience will be necessary.
Senior Safety Engineers across the following domains; Land, Maritime, Aviation. Contract and Permanent positions will be considered.
- Assimilating information and gaining a good understanding of the problems and issues associated with new tasks
- Providing solution options for discussion and agreement with the supervisor and Project Managers.
-Take the lead on specific tasks, providing support to other team members where needed. This may include a requirement to supervise more junior team members and review their output against the schedule.
- Support and develop potential business opportunities within the existing and potential customer base.
Essential Education, Qualifications and Training:
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Analytical and logical thinking skills consistent with those associated with the successful completion of a degree in mathematics, science or technology; also the job holder must have conceptual flexibility and be able to think in an integrated/holistic /systematic manner.
- Good judgement for reliably identifying and managing risks, and also for selecting the most appropriate solution from a range of options.
- Good questioning, listening, influencing and general interpersonal skills to obtain relevant and accurate information from others.
- Knowledge and experience in working with relevant regulatory organisations.
- Chartered Engineer
- Masters' Degree in Safety related discipline