Senior Python Engineer
Want to do the best work of your life? This is an exciting position for an experienced Python Engineer to join one of Europe's leading media and entertainment brands. With over 24 million customers in 6 countries, you'll have the opportunity make your mark within a truly exciting and technology driven environment.
Reporting to the Data Process and Tool Manager, you will be part of a team responsible for designing, building and maintaining a platform of internal tools supporting a variety of stakeholders, to improve reliability and performance of flagship media products.
The platform consists of a suite of frontend, backend and big-data related applications and services, with a more recent focus on integrating cloud-based solutions for some of our data analytics and reporting tools. The technologies of choice are Python for backend services, and React.js for frontend.
What You'll Do:
- Recommend new technologies to strategically improve system performance and reliability as well as evaluate existing processes and recommend improvements
- Work closely with colleagues responsible for the data services and analytics that allow the business to understand performance and efficiencies
- You will bring your own ideas to the table, explore new technologies, engage in teaching sessions to improve your own skills, ultimately helping to improve the experience for customers.
What You'll Bring:
- Proven track record in software development with experience in a Senior or above position
- Experience in cloud architecture and modern software development best practices
- Experience in or exposure to working with big data and data analytics