Senior Project Manager (Cyber Security)
Remote based - IT Services
We're seeking a Senior Project Manager with cyber security experience to join a leading public sector organisation set in the heart of Birmingham. As a Senior Project Manager, you will take full responsibility for the definition, documentation, and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects with direct business impact.
The role will be a fixed term contract of 6 months.
Main activities and responsibilities:
· Take responsibility for the definition, documentation, and safe execution of small to medium-scale projects, actively participating in all phases of the project.
· Ensure that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders.
· Monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and act when these deviates.
· Manage the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale, and resource budgets, and are signed off. Gain agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors.
· Provide effective leadership ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Take appropriate action when performance deviates.
· Ensure that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and actioned. Produce appropriate documentation to support these processes.
· Evaluate and makes recommendations/decisions on technical options as appropriate.
· Develop, review, and maintain project and programme management support strategy, and generic standards, processes, procedures, tools, and techniques.
· Support the setting up of individual project processes and procedures. Ensure that in depth project and programme management advice and assistance is available to strategic projects.
· Undertake business and technical assurance co-ordination roles.
· Be involved in establishing the Configuration Management System in use in the organisation and manages it for the project or programme.
- Experience of delivering projects within IT services