Senior Project Manager
We are actively looking to secure an Senior Project Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
The Senior Project Manager will be working with our large defence client, working in aircraft testing, design and airworthiness on exciting projects
*Candidates must be eligible for SC Clearance*
- Delivery of high value (£5m per annum) or complex projects.
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
- Operating in a Safe & Secure manner.
- Embedding a culture in line with the business' values.
- Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
- Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the business' performance management system.
- Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project and collaborating across the business.
- Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
- Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
- Reporting progress on all accountabilities to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
- Ensuring correct entry and maintenance of data onto customer management tools to support your opportunities with all details correct and up to date.
Key Capabilities & Knowledge:
- Leadership: influencing and aligning others towards the vision for the project, and to empower & inspire people to achieve success.
- Integrity: being open, honest and doing the right thing. Keeping promises.
- Communication: effectively communication as part of a two-way interaction, using a range of techniques, to ensure the received meaning matches the transmitted meaning.
- Stakeholder Management: identifying, planning and implementing actions to positively engage parties with an interest in, or influence over, the project outputs.
- Teamwork: creating an environment where a group of people with diverse personalities, skills, experiences and perspectives are empowered to collaborate towards a common goal.
- Human Resource Management: supporting functional teams (including HR) to develop and manage our people in line with legal requirements and policy.
- Foundation Sales: identifying, qualifying, developing and delivering solutions to customers using an existing commercial framework contract (such as Strategic Enterprise or Engineering Delivery Partner) and being able to articulate the benefits of the business solution to the customer.
- Negotiation & Conflict Management: identifying and addressing differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties.
- Business Development: when required, work as a member of a capture team to generate delivery plans, risk registers and costings to support the creation of the proposal document.
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
- Project Management experience.
- Engineering background (ideally Aerospace / Aviation / Aircraft)
- Experience in Defence, Aerospace or other closely related sectors.
- Experience delivering projects to up to 3 different customers.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in appropriate discipline
- Hold a recognised PM qualification (APM Project Professional Qualification (PPQ) or Prince2)
- Design and Aircraft experience
- Experience gained leading business, projects, programmes, portfolios or P3 function and successfully delivering complex projects
- Demonstrable capability to International Project Management Association Level B
The successful candidate will hold active SC clearance, or be eligible and willing to undergo the relevant checks.