Senior Project Manager
Salary - £55-60k (inclusive of 10% market supplement)
32 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Fixed term contract for 28 months or Permanent
We are delighted to be Recruiting 2 Senior Project Managers to join a well-respected Education provider based in Birmingham! We have 2 opportunities available with one being a fixed term (2 years) and a permanent position. The successful Project Managers will have a direct impact on the continued success of this excellent company. The Senior Project Managers whose remit will be to deliver key strategic improvements and significant investment across its IT infrastructure Some of that work involves relocating staff to enable building work to improve working environments and upgrading technology and equipment concurrently.
We require an experienced Senior Project Manager to join the IT PMO team to lead on their IT infrastructure projects in conjunction with Estate's project colleagues. The successful Senior Project Manager will also be responsible for the provision of portfolio, programme and project office services, either to a large project or to a number of projects within an organisation. Advising on the available standards, procedures, methods, tools and techniques. Evaluating project and/or programme performance and recommends changes where necessary. Contributes to reviews and audits of project and programme management to ensure conformance to standards.
- Manage end to end IT and estates infrastructure projects
- Able to define project scope, requirements, deliverables, and dependencies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be deadline driven
- Strong reporting and documentation skills required - project plans, financial management and forecasting, resource management, check point, high light reports and quality control
- Proven experience of delivering to time, quality, and cost, as well as turning around aspects of projects that may have drifted off track
- Prince 2 qualification
- Clear, direct, organised, collaborative and open communication and management style required
- Experience of presenting and delivering messages to Executives in an effective and professional manner
- Excellent communication skills coupled with ability to manage and hold suppliers to account
- Able to manage issues effectively and be creative to find solutions