Senior Platform Engineer
Are you a Senior Platform Engineer looking for your next opportunity? I have an exciting role to work as a Senior Platform Engineer for a Global company. This unique opening would give you the opportunity to help set up a new service and change the way we work in the UK.
- Manage, Maintain and Monitor Hadoop Clusters
- Monitoring the Ambari services and cluster status on frequent intervals.
- Prepare daily and weekly health status reports of Hadoop platform.
- Monitor cluster health and perform tuning activities
- Debug day to day job issues in Hadoop platform and provide solutions.
- Develop scripts to automate reports and maintenance activities.
- Monitor health of Hadoop cluster and Generate Performance Reports
- Monitor and provide continuous improvements.
- Require good understanding and knowledge about Hadoop Ecosystem, HDFS and Big Data concepts
- Good understanding on Hadoop ecosystem components like Namenode, YARN, OOZIE, Hive and Hbase
- Knowledge of Big Data Architecture & Administrator's role
- Basic knowledge on Sql and Phoenix databases and able generate the reports based on the requirement.
- Experience in Linux and shell-scripting.
- Experience in Hadoop Cluster and its related components
- Knowledge of Data Ingestion, Data Access & Data storage using Hadoop Big Data tools like HBase, Flume, Kafka, Nifi, ElasticSearch
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a global team environment
Our client's ambition is to be a diverse and inclusive company where people are truly free to be themselves. They can thrive, achieve their personal goals and innovate without limitations. We welcome everyone to apply.
Family friendly, flexible working arrangements will be considered across all roles.
- Attractive salary
- 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more through our Flexible Benefits
- Flex benefits system - exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
- Retail discounts
- Pension - matching contribution up to 10%
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enrolment in our Share scheme - subject to scheme eligibility criteria
- Unlimited opportunities to learn in our Training platforms
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply, please don't hesitate to contact me via email or by phone.