A Senior Networks Consultant is required by a prestigious organisation in their Malvern offices to join the team working to help our clients deliver major UK communications and information systems.
What I will be doing:
- Giving clear technical direction to clients in deriving procurement programme scope and identifying key areas of technical activity for reducing programme risk.
- Using technical knowledge and a deep understanding of the secure communications and IT domain to provide authoritative expert advice for formulating and de-risking procurement options.
- Providing insights to clients on technical functionality, performance, risks, assumptions and supply options, and guidance based on sound judgements.
- Leading the assessment and integration of ideas and advice from other subject matter experts to provide balanced, independent and robust recommendations.
- Defining technical studies and coherent programmes of work to enable industry to define, de-risk and explore technical solutions and options.
- Providing technical advice to industry programmes of work, and undertaking rigorous reviews of outputs.
- Leading the development of technology roadmaps focussed on informing procurement options and the identification of required interventions.
- Deriving programme implications by considering DLODs, speciality engineering, integration and D&M.
- Developing evidence and informed judgements through engagement with stakeholders and industry, involving travel to military and vendor sites.
What's in it for the Senior Networks Consultant?
- Working for a recognised company with an excellent reputation
- Career development across a diverse international organisation
- Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
- Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions)
- You will be working within industry leading teams and people
Skills required for the Senior Networks Consultant:
- Eligible for or hold SC clearance
- A reputation for strong technical leadership and provision of authoritative advice and sound judgements which directly impact client decision making.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate concisely in written and verbal form at both an engineering level and with senior management.
- Experience of the full engineering development life cycle, from requirements capture to user acceptance, along with the associated system engineering and system integration activities appropriate to the tactical CIS arena.
- The ability to identify emergent issues and risks around architectural approaches and technology maturity and supply, and to innovate pragmatic solutions given time pressured development and integration programmes.
Desired Skills for a Senior Networks Consultant
- Experience of military communications and networks systems and architectures, such as communications systems, information services, IP networks, network security.
- Excellent analytical skill with the ability to break down a problem into constituent parts and the ability to propose and analyse solutions using modelling and architectural techniques
One of the UK leading partners in Intelligence and National Security, Science and Technology that works on cutting edge research projects. A global organisation primarily established in the UK and the US, currently growing in international markets. They provide a wide range of services, such as technical, scientific, and engineering expertise. This particular site provides scientific research and development and applies this to the commercial world making it viable for sale.
Currently staffed with problem solvers and analytically minded individuals, they pride themselves on being able to think outside the box. Passionate about technology and actively self-learn outside of core working hours, they are seen as some of the best minds in the UK.
If you have the essential skills, keen to work as an Senior Networks Consultant and wanting to work for a company who invest in their technology and staff, then please apply via the link.