Role: Senior LogRhythm Engineer
Duration: 6 month Contract
IR35: Inside (Umbrella Only)
As a Security Engineer on our clients Cyber Security Engineering team you will operate cloud-based services and/or standalone services that deliver our product's intelligence and data analytics to their clients. You will be expected to play a lead role in the design and implementation of solutions to meet business needs while following best practices around security, cloud operations and infrastructure definition/evolution.
Overview of the responsibilities:
- Coordinating with the Cyber Defense Analysts to support cyber defense applications within the cloud environment e.g. the LogR SIEM, Elastic
- Responsible for the configuration, deployment, and management of the customer's SIEM solution in a 24 X 7 X 365 environment.
- Responsible for monitoring, configuration changes, managing log sources and updating the software for client SIEM solution
- Troubleshoot and diagnose cyber defense infrastructure and application anomalies and work through resolution
- Support the SIEM design and implement
- Ensure that the implementation meets security, compliance and performance requirements
- Produce well-written, appropriate documentation
- Work independently on complex tasks while coordinating and working with a team toward shared goals
- Integrate existing LogRhythm solutions into cloud-ready products
- Ensure systems are secure and updated
- Will be expected to join a 24/7 On call Rota
- Prior experience of LogR SIEM components and their deployment at both design and engineering levels.
- Sound knowledge of operating systems and system administration (Windows, Linux) including good command line skills.
- Experience managing infrastructure with public cloud providers in particular AWS
- Security incident management and control
- Familiarity with industry leading security products
- Experience in SQL
- Self-motivating individual with strong problem solving and analytical and decision making capabilities
- Client focus (able to understand and assimilate clients' views, concerns and internal issues)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- A proven track record of delivery
- Competent at writing processes and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good Attention to detail
- SC Cleared