Senior LogRhythm Engineer
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As our client continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join the organisation. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market-leading company offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
As a Senior LogRhythm Engineer on the Cyber Security Engineering team, you will operate cloud-based services and/or standalone services that deliver the product's intelligence and data analytics to clients. You will be expected to play a lead role in the design and implementation of solutions to meet business needs while following best practices around security, cloud operations and infrastructure definition/evolution.
Overview of the responsibilities:
- Coordinating with the Cyber Defence Analysts to support cyber defence applications within the cloud environment e.g. the LogR SIEM, Elastic
- Responsible for the configuration, deployment, and management of the customer's SIEM solution in a 24 X 7 X 365 environment.
- Responsible for monitoring, configuration changes, managing log sources and updating the software for client SIEM solution
- Troubleshoot and diagnose cyber defence infrastructure and application anomalies and work through resolution
- Support the SIEM design and implement
- Ensure that the implementation meets security, compliance and performance requirements
- Produce well-written, appropriate documentation
- Work independently on complex tasks while coordinating and working with a team toward shared goals
- Integrate existing LogRhythm solutions into cloud-ready products
- Ensure systems are secure and updated
The successful candidate will have prior experience of LogR SIEM components and their deployment at both design and engineering levels. In addition, you will have sound knowledge of operating systems and system administration (Windows, Linux) including good command line skills.
We are also looking for the successful candidate to have experience managing infrastructure with public cloud providers in particular AWS. You will also be expected to join a 24/7 On call Rota, able to respond to urgent scenarios that arise.
Additional desirable skills include:
- Security incident management and control
- Familiarity with industry leading security products
- Experience in SQL