Senior Java Developer
With 24 million customers in 6 countries, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Java Developer to make their mark at a leading media and entertainment brand.
You'll join a team that focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, they work on the latest tech whilst building out their web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. This role offers the chance to be part of a team who continually look to the future and grow their knowledge and skills in line with industry trends.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop and test new micro-service applications using container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Collaborate with other developers, sharing and receiving knowledge
- Mentoring more junior developers and driving and designing in house training
- Build applications that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility
- Maintain and contribute to software delivery principles and guidelines based on company standards and industry best-practice
What you'll bring:
- Extensive system development knowledge with Java, noSQL Databases
- Familiarity with configuration and build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle
- Familiarity with Prometheus and Grafana
- Knowledge of design patterns and solid principles
- Test Driven Development and Business Driven Development
- In-depth experience of working with APIs (REST etc.)
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband.
- Be part of an organisation recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women'
- Six subsidised restaurants on site
- A subsidised gym and private cinema