In this role, you will work with other designers, developers, and product experts to research needs, develop concepts, and create design deliverables that will enable better user experiences around the world. You will own the design of key aspects of a product line from early user needs analysis through prototyping, wireframes, and design deliverables. Research and visual design may also be part of the role, depending on your skills and interests.
A strong candidate needs excellent user interaction design skills, experience thinking in terms of end-to-end UI design, applying strategic thinking and business goals to designs, focusing on user feedback, and understanding the relationship between visual design and interaction.
You will be responsible for delivering all aspects of interaction design for key aspects of education software: initial concepts, wireframes, functional specifications, working with product managers to define requirements, working with visual designers to create visual mockups and assets, and working with experts to understand both existing markets and the underlying tacit needs, and working with engineering and QA through implementation.
In addition to interaction design responsibilities, a strong candidate needs experience setting a guiding product vision, defining product requirements, and showing resourcefulness in meeting tight release schedules.
- Works closely between other user experience team members, product management, and engineering to design alternative solutions, evaluating them to choose the best approach.
- Government Experience
- Conducts user and stakeholder research to gather requirements (may include interviews, contextual inquiry, workflow analysis, ethnographic observation).
- Develops detailed user interface design concepts and wireframes, usage scenarios, task analysis, specifications, navigation maps, style guidelines, and other UI design documents.
- Develops expert-level knowledge of all our products with the ability to present the design vision and how the features meet underlying customer and user needs (internal and external).
- Facilitates presentations and discussions with stakeholders to drive resolution of issues with proposed designs.
- Coordinates with visual designers to ensure that visual design mockups and assets meet the objectives of the user experience, fit with the overall brand, support engineering needs, etc.
- Self-starter. Be able to consistently meet deadlines, and drive design deliverables required for product development.
Please apply by sending your CV and portfolio through alongside your expectations of what you are looking for.