Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Birmingham City Centre with WFH Options
£50,000pa to £55,000pa + An Excellent Corporate Benefits Package
Responsible for Management & Support of Infrastructure Services, Servers, Desktop, Applications and Networking in a Microsoft Environment - Key Skills will include: Microsoft Windows/Server, Microsoft Active Directory / Group Policy, Microsoft Office 365; Exchange On-line - EMS and MS Teams, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SCCM, Virtualisation Software - VMWare, Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN's ,Switches, Firewalls, Routers and UPS, Data Storage, Backup & DR, Email, Web and Cloud App Security Filtering & Antivirus Services, Security principles within IT infrastructure, Understanding of IT service management best practice principles such as ITIL, Excellent Documentation Skills
Renowned multinational are seeking the services of a Professional and Challenge Orientated Senior Infrastructure Engineer to elevate their Technical Services function which is platformed around the Microsoft ideal.
With this organization having more than 5,700 active clients, ranging from FTSE 100 companies to private individuals in the UK and Europe, the Infrastructure Team provide IT Management, IT Support and IT Projects Ownership for the design, development, management, architecture, operation and full lifecycle of all IT Infrastructure Services for all internal and external users.
As Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will be part of a team that provides technical expertise and overall management of this client's IT infrastructure.
The IT Infrastructure Team objectives are:
- To implement well designed, highly resilient, secure, and cost-effective technical platforms.
- To maintain the technical infrastructure in optimum condition.
- To respond to incidents with the swift use of technical skills to speedily diagnose and resolve any technical failures that do occur.
- To be a senior point of contact for technical escalation and knowledge sharing for the wider IT Service team.
Technical Expertise Required:
- Microsoft Windows/Server
- Microsoft Active Directory / Group Policy
- Microsoft Office 365; Exchange On-line - EMS and Teams
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SCCM
- Virtualisation Software - VMWare
- Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Switches, Firewalls, Routers and UPS, Data Storage
- Backup & DR
- Email, Web and Cloud App Security Filtering & Antivirus Services
- Security principles within IT infrastructure
- Understanding of IT service management best practice principles such as ITIL
- Azure Rights Management (ARM) and Data Leakage Prevention (DLP) deployment experience
- Hosted Telephony
- Relevant IT and/or Microsoft qualifications (MCSE, MCITP, etc)
To provide Senior Infrastructure Engineering Support & Consultancy, including Project Implementation:
- Identify and contribute knowledge & expertise regarding IT services and infrastructure in relation to the design of new services.
- Take part in research and development that can help expand the service portfolio or which can be used to simplify or automate IT operations, reduce costs or increase levels of IT service.
- Provide training to appropriate teams and technical resources.
- Participate in projects, not only during the design and transition phases of new services but also for service improvement and/or operational projects, such as upgrades and server consolidation projects.
- Monitor availability and capacity metrics in relation to the IT Infrastructure.
- Liaison and management of relevant suppliers where required.
- Participate in the resolution of incidents escalated to the team.
- Participate in the resolution of problems escalated to the team.
- Be an advocate for good IT service management including Change Management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure that all system and operating documentation is up to date and available to the appropriate teams.
- Stay abreast of industry developments and technology advancements.
- Provide on-call cover within the team on a rota basis.
- Due to the nature and size of the team you may from time to time be asked to undertake ad-hoc tasks outside of your core responsibilities.
Call Experis IT today for more information on 0121 712 8715