Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Farnborough, Malvern or Salisbury
A Senior Infrastructure Engineer is required by global organisation in their state-of-the-art Farnborough, Malvern or Salisbury offices.
Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer will define, design and develop IT systems. You will technically lead and provide technical guidance to projects across the business and providing technical consultancy into new proposals. You will assess and administer changes to all Group IT managed systems to ensure the continual improvement of operating effectiveness and efficiency in line with the change process and IT Strategy.
What's in it for the Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer?
- Working for a recognised company with an excellent reputation
- Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
- Excellent Salary
- Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions)
- Excellent Career Development opportunities
- You will be working within industry leading teams and people
Essential Skills for the Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer:
- Eligible for or hold SC clearance
- Worked for a minimum of 7 years within an Enterprise IT environment
- Ability to adapt to a diverse and changing business and to work flexibly to accommodate the needs of projects and customers.
- Above all, a desire to learn new skills and motivation to be at the forefront of technology developments is paramount.
- VMware Version 6.x upwards to current release
- Experience of larger scale (>50 ESXi Hosts) VMware deployments across multiple geographical locations on-premise and Hybrid cloud.
- Microsoft Windows Server; up to latest version and including Server Core.
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS) and Group Policy Configuration with a view to Application and Operating System hardening.
- Advanced PowerShell skills.
- Experience of working in a Agile environment
Desirable skills for the Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer:
- A cloud related certification (Azure or AWS).
- Experience of containerisation / micro-services.
- VMware Cloud Foundation
- VMware NSX-V or NSX-T
- VMware VSAN
- Enterprise Storage and Backup Solutions
- Agile working practises or being part of a scrum team
- Technical skills/experience in any of the following:
- Microsoft Orchestrator and SMA, including use of PowerShell in SMA.
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
If you have the essential skills, keen to work as a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer and wanting to work for a company who invest in their technology and Work with leading edge infrastructure and operational systems in the cloud space, then please apply via the link.