Senior Database Administrator - Oracle / SQL
UK, West Midlands HQ / WFH / Hybrid Role - Staffordshire, Shropshire, Wolverhampton etc
Oracle, SQL, T/SQL, PL/SQLm Oracle and MS SQL SSMS, SQL Server Config Mgr / Profiler / Activity Monitor / Database ETA, Server systems (RAC, ASM, ADG, AlwaysOn High Availability, Clustering, Mirroring, Replication, Log Shipping.
Salary: Open DoE + Excellent Benefits Package
Financial sector specialists are seeking a strong DBA presence to lead amd support a small team and to impact and enhance their current IT Support and Database functionality.
As the Senior Database Administrator, you will be responsible for the management and administration of the clients databases, compromising of Oracle and MS SQL Server.
The role will oversee the day to day running of the databases ensuring tasks such as housekeeping, administration, maintenance and security actions are all completed within agreed timescales and industry best practices.
As Senior Database Administrator - Your responsibilities will be:
- Manage, support and administer core database systems in compliance with SLAs.
- Assist in the delivery of and IT project plans.
- Provide 2nd Line out of hours support for databases associated with Business critical systems.
- Assist projects with system and database design, implementation, support and understanding requirements set out by the Project Manager.
- Maintain database systems of internal control in accordance with the internal IT security policies.
- Provide input into database and system designs.
- Manage, plan and implement monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual processes (Vulnerability Mgt, Database Audit processes, Capacity planning, Licence reconciliations, Database patching, Software releases and Roadmaps).
- Assist in recovering core database and related systems during Disaster Recovery Tests and ensuring there is continuity in business in the event of a disaster itself.
- The role requires a customer focused approach.
- The job holder must be able to build effective working relationships with internal personnel and external organisations.
- Define and ensure critical data has suitable backup policies and scripts written and tested.
Technical Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Oracle 12c & 19c version relational databases.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MS SQL Server 2014 through to 2019 databases.
- Excellent knowledge of core operating systems (Microsoft Windows server 2016 onwards and Red Hat Linux).
- In-depth experience of Oracle database related tools and techniques (OEM/Grid Control, Toad, Putty, ASM, SQL Developer, ODBC, etc. etc.),
- In-depth experience of MS SQL Server database related tools and techniques (SSMS, SQL Server Config Mgr / Profiler / Activity Monitor / Database ETA, etc. etc.),
- In-depth experience of database high availability concepts for both Oracle and MS SQL Server systems (RAC, ASM, ADG, AlwaysOn High Availability, Clustering, Mirroring, Replication, Log Shipping, etc. etc.),
- Practical experience of T-SQL and PL/SQL.
- Working knowledge of 24-by-7 operational practices and their associated applications.
- In depth knowledge of security and administration of Oracle & MS SQL Server.
Call Experis IT today on 0121 712 8715 for more information!