DV Cleared SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
c.£49,500 - £54,000 DOE
Full benefits package includes - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, medical cover, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts etc
A World leading Defence, Science and Technology Prime Service provider are continuing to invest billions into their products and services. Due to rapid growth and expansion working in partnership with high profile clients on the most cutting edge projects, there a number of new critical roles open within the group. This includes the addition of an experienced DV Cleared Senior Database Administrator based in the West Midlands
The Role and Responsibilities
As part of the secure computing team, the senior database administrator role is responsible for:
- Ensuring the availability, performance and integrity of the database systems that the secure computing team support
- Supporting the infrastructure and hosting platforms utilised by secure computing services.
- To liaise with both users and the helpdesk team to achieve the resolution of technical problems and incidents, conveying wider service impacting issues to sponsors.
- Support and encourage knowledge sharing amongst other team members and as a senior member of the secure computing team you would also be expected to support and act as a mentor for less experienced team members.
- Act as a point of escalation if the team lead is unavailable.
- Provide SME advice relating to Database operation and management, including the application and modification of standards relating to:
- Disaster recovery and business continuity plans, High Availability, Backup strategies
- SQL Server patching strategies
- SQL Server Implementations
- Take a leading role in the pro-active maintenance of the infrastructure secure computing support ensuring secure and efficient operations following recognized best practice.
- Contributes to the build and implementation of projects following detailed architectural designs, contributing to the test and transition to the target solution.
- Evaluate, implement and document system designs/changes as required and ensure they are implemented following IT change management processes
- Ensure all necessary documentation is in place to comply with all accreditation requirements
- Microsoft SQL Server (On premise)
- Microsoft SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts
- Strong Transact-SQL and PowerShell knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of the core database engine functionality and features
- Windows / Linux Server technologies
- VMware ESXi/vCentre/vSphere
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.
Interviews will take place over the next few weeks and we are short listing as we speak!
If you need any further information drop me (Craig) an email at