Senior Data Scientist
SC/DV clearance is required for this role
The project shall improve the quality of our Defence client's data, through new data structures to enable data exploitation through Machine Learning and Data Science. The Senior Data Architect will work within the multi-disciplined team which consists of Authority Crown Servants, current contract supplier technical resource, and separately procured technical resource.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you with work within the Agile Delivery Model to:
- Increase data value through visualisation of Cyber data
- Work with the DCO Users to turn use cases into value added data visualisation to inform decision making
- Support the continual development of Automation, Orchestration and Machine Learning capabilities
- Manage a small team of data scientists
- Lead data mining and collection procedures
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Interpret and analyse data problems
- Conceive, plan and prioritize data projects
- Build analytic systems and predictive models
- Test performance of data-driven products
- Visualize data and create reports
- Experiment with new models/techniques
- Align data projects with organizational goals
- Applied maths, statistics, and scientific practices. Understand, teach and supervise a range of practices and can apply theory's to practical situations.
- Data engineering/manipulation. Experience building data pipelines at scale using a range of toolsets. Advise on data engineering practices, lead data exploration by identifying/setting best practice. Identify future innovation opportunities.
- Data science innovation. You're a leader in your organisation. Identify future areas of innovation and can show how it can be applied to your organisation and wider government.
- Developing data science capability. Promote/monitor continuous professional development of your organisation. Develop knowledge of cutting-edge techniques and share this knowledge. Develop and support data science capability across the organisation.
- Domain expertise. Create data products proportionate to business benefit/achieve significant impact. Present analysis/visualisations to communicate complex messages. Support the evolution of data governance/take responsibility for applying ethical frameworks.
- Programming and build. Design, code, test, correct and document moderate-to-complex programs/scripts from agreed specifications, using agreed standards and tools. Collaborate with others to review specifications where appropriate.
- Understanding product life cycle analysis. Understand, teach and supervise a wide range of analysis techniques. Help organisations create and learn from strategic insights. Apply innovative approaches to resolve problems.
- Master's in Computer Science/similar field with 5+ years' experience in Data Scientist/similar role - or Bachelor's in Computer Science/similar field with 7+ years' experience in Data Scientist/similar role.
- Solid understanding of machine learning (
- Knowledge of data management and visualization techniques
- An ability for statistical analysis and predictive modelling
- Good knowledge of R, Python and MATLAB
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases