Senior Data Scientist
Salary negotiable up to: £60,000
Reporting to: AI and MLManager
Manager of: Junior Data Scientists
My client is a global leader in digital transformation and is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to provide digital services to their clients. By working as a consultant this role would help to design the future of the information space. They are passionate about improving the digital capabilities of the world around them and are seeking like minded individuals to help them push that change.
The Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning team blend statistical techniques and ML to create value from data for their clients.
You'll extract, analyse and interpret large amounts of data from a range of sources, using algorithmic, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical tools, in order to make it accessible to their clients. You will then present your results using clear and engaging language in a way that bridges the fundamentally theoretical aspects of these initiatives to the business needs. This includes translating between technical and nontechnical audiences.
This is a permanent role that will require the successful applicant to gain security clearance.
You will work across industries and technology platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP) working with structured and unstructured data from an array of data sources.
- Lead and deliver innovative technical solutions that will meet the requirements of their clients. This will entail gathering requirements, analysing, developing, testing, evaluating and deploying the appropriate solution through the full development lifecycle.
- Design data models and ETL pipelines to meet the business requirements in the most efficient manner
- Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Horizon scan to stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods
- Conduct research from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- Manage and mentor junior team members
- You will be passionate about the transformative impact the right information can have on a business.
- You will have a strong appreciation of statistical methods, experimental design and the underlying principles of machine learning algorithms. You will have the ability to transform, analyse and model data from a variety of data sources, extracting and interpretting trends and insights. You will be able to evaluate the models and have experience of implementing them as stand-alone apps and as part of enterprise technology stacks. DataOps / MLOps experience would be valued.
- Strong Python programming for modelling and/or data analysis is essential, preferably with experience using the spaCy NLP framework and BERT.
- Knowledge of database design as well as strong experience with SQL queries is desirable. Familiarity with R and other common languages and tools would be assets.
- You will likely have a background in Mathematics or Physics and experience working within Agile projects as a team member and Scrum Master
OUR OFFER INCLUDES:
- The opportunity to work on complex and projects for exciting clients
- A competitive salary and attractive extra benefits
- Excellent career opportunities at a global company
- Internal and external training courses
- Working in an innovative environment with results-oriented colleagues and a committed manager
- Access to our knowledge library and interdisciplinary e-learning portals
Data Science, Python, SQL, Power BI, Azure, AWS, GCP, R, AI, Machine Learning, Agile, Scrum Master, Mathematics