Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Duration: 3 months but likely extension
Candidates must be willing to engage via an umbrella company
Data Technology & Analytics brings together data from multiple sources across the business, creating analytical products and capabilities. You will be working in a fast paced and dynamic environment surrounded by a high performing team. As a senior Technical Analyst, you will be responsible for guiding. shaping and contributing to the technical solution for a variety of data systems. You will act as a bridge between Team Lead and the technical analysis community.
Representing the technical analysis function, you will:
- Assist Team Lead with coaching and development of analysts
- Guide, shape and contribute to the technical solutions on each project
- Deliver high quality requirements, on time, every time
- Have knowledge of data capture, update, usage and other core business processes that influence data life-cycle
- Actively contribute to a positive and high achieving team
- Actively carrying out data analytics / data profiling to recommend improvements to enhance data quality, process improvement and business rule improvement
- Peer review output from analysts to ensure quality and standards adhered to
- Help drive key data architecture and solution data modelling decisions by demonstrating a working understanding of the underlying data requirements, source systems and target business areas.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/knowledge:
- Must have a minimum 5yrs technical analysis experience
- Must be experienced in the Project Lifecycle process / Software Development Lifecycle Process
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Must have a strong understanding of logical and physical data modelling.
- Must be experienced in using SQL to analyse data for data source systems
- Must have knowledge of relational database structures, theories, principles and practices
- Must have experience of Netezza, Oracle or Google Cloud Platform.
- Must have experience working within Agile Projects, using Agile methodology and tools.
- Ideally have ISEB Business Analysis qualification.
- Ideally have experience of Sybase.
- Ideally have a working understanding of AbInitio ETL.
- In depth understanding of large-scale data, such as data warehousing or cloud based analytic solutions. Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS (Amazon Web Services) or GCP (Google Cloud Platform) would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Cloud products and services, such as Google Cloud SQL, BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Compute Engine, Dataflow, Dataproc, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Functions, Data Lake Storage, Data Factory, Databricks, Amazon Athena, EMR, Redshift, Lambda, S3, SageMaker would be beneficial
- Experiences with implementation of Data Warehouse and ETL lifecycles would be advantageous
- A desire to learn new technologies
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Display the ability to influence technical and functional decisions
Please submit your CV at your earliest convenience