Senior Data Architect
The project shall improve the quality of Defence data, through new data structures to enable data exploitation through Machine Learning and Data Science.
The Senior Data Architect will work within the multi-disciplined Cyber Mission Data Alpha team. This team consists of Authority Crown Servants, current contract supplier technical resource, and separately procured technical resource.
- You will guide the business stakeholders and shape the business data strategy, by creating roadmaps for the delivery of CMD.
- You will effectively combine long-term strategic vision with hands-on, practical architecture in the design of solutions for data acquisition, data storage and data exploitation.
- You will identify and eliminate gaps in data governance and information management practices, leading to higher data management maturity.
- You will possess excellent data modelling skills, to support both operational/business reporting Cyber use cases.
- You will analyse system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data through SQL, Oracle, predictive analysis and data visualization techniques.
Key Skills / Experience
- Master's in computer science, Business or similar field
- 5+ year's practitioner experience as a Data Architect
- Must have experience of enforcing legal policies and requirements for processing, storing and using data for the purposes of Cyber Defence
- Ability to produce High- & Low-Level Diagrams
- Experience with cloud based Big Data Tech Stack such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Experience of delivering Data Lake Implementations
- Experience of leading multi-skilled, geographically distributed teams delivering big data implementations
- Previous experience working on Big Data environments
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analysing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in SQL and Oracle
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Previous experience working within a defence or intelligence environment
- Previous experience working within a defensive cyber security environment
- Previous experience working on a large scale data system that is geographically separated with constraints such as classifications and sensitivities around sharing data across organisations