Energy & Utilities Senior Consultant UK
Location- UK Wide
Are you an experienced consultant with a technical background?
We are currently looking for a network engineering specialist to work with the company's major energy and utilities clients in the UK and provide advisory collaborating with technical leadership on long-term programmes to modernise operational and enterprise networks. The consultant will be positioned as the company's domain specialist in the area of networks and telecommunications engineering, with a heavy bias towards end-end telemetry, industrial control and SCADA applications.
The company is a global leader within digital transformation, whose aim is to inspire candidates and their people to make the right choices, collectively and individually, to shape the future of the information space. The company has a real focus on growing as a team and supports their employees to grow and develop their skills too. With the employee lifecycle designed to prevent discrimination and make employees feel they are where they belong, the company is not only very accepting, but also an extremely exciting place to work for and be a part of.
- Leads client engagements and providing consultative requirements capture and proposition development
- Consults within the company and directly with the client technical and operations team on both technology strategy and logistic requirements
- Acts as the delivery lead for given assignments with a meaningful personal contribution
- Develops tactical and strategic roadmaps, supporting the client account architecture and future capabilities
- Undertakes the role of Technical Design Authority and supports the Lead Architects in the production and maintenance of architectural and design artefacts in line with Atos/client/industry standards
- Forms a high- and low-level understanding of all aspects of the client's network and IT/OT environment including system/application interdependencies
- Acts as the bridge between the Architecture Team and delivery organisations providing advice and mentorship
- Supports bid and procurement activities when required
- Advises the company and client senior partners on approach and strategy based on business and capability outcomes
- Provides regular commentaries and updates on the client's Technical environment, formally raising technical risk and issues.
- Works with Project Managers to provide resource profiling and delivery critical path documentation
- Ensure accurate document version control is maintained and account repositories have up to date relevant information
- Works within the client's and the company's central Engineering teams in order to maintain knowlegde and standard methodology concurrency
- Provide support during execution and delivery including testing and rollout of projects
- Experience in business and/or technology consulting for Energy and/or Utilities clients
- The technology used in access network delivery in the UK - specifically analogue and TDM voice, broadband (xDSL), fibre delivery, leased lines, GSM/LTE cellular, UHF/VHF radio and geostationary/NEO TDM and IP satellite services
- Next generation LTE/5G NBIoT, LoRaWAN and SigFox IoT communications networks and private APN LTE networks;
- Software defined networking overlay services from legacy VPN for remote access to full-scale network segregation and virtualisation over common infrastructure using SDWAN;
- The implementation of security services (firewalls, cloud connect and NAC) and quality of service mechanisms to assure cybersecurity and application delivery;
- The end-end implementation of telemetry, command and control in the context of SCADA and situational awareness environments;
- Remote site automation, use of programmable logic controllers, remote telemetry units (RTU) and local SCADA systems
- protocols used in end-end serial communications for telemetry, command and control including MODBUS, DNP3 and WITS
- LAN/WAN networking principles including switching and routing (Cisco/Juniper portfolios) and the integration of wireless LAN principles of network technical solution design at both high and low levels
Our client's ambition is to be a diverse and inclusive company where people are truly free to be themselves. They can thrive, achieve their personal goals and innovate without limitations. We welcome everyone to apply.
Family friendly, flexible working arrangements will be considered across all roles.
- Attractive salary
- 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more through our Flexible Benefits
- Flex benefits system - exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
- Retail discounts
- Pension - matching contribution up to 10%
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enrolment in our Share scheme - subject to scheme eligibility criteria
- Unlimited opportunities to learn in our Training platforms
If you believe that you are a good fit for this role, submit your CV now with a cover letter. We are more than happy to answer queries and help with your journey. This role is a great opportunity for an individual in this field of work who is ready to maximize their potential and reap the rewards that come with the Senior Consultant position.