Senior Communications Integration Engineer - Portsmouth
Our client is a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals and a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise.
The organisation is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of this company means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with customers, the organisation helps to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
As a Senior Communications Integration Engineer, you'll work to provide subject matter expertise to support the technical delivery of secure end-to-end radio solutions in a multi-bearer, mobile environment from design to delivery and transition to service.
You'll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential.
- Design reviews, by taking existing design documents and reading across to system requirements in order to validate the design and produce appropriate test documentation.
- Independently create and run test plans and schedules. Contribute to test strategy decisions
- Working with other parts of the organisation and customer or subcontractors to integrate technology into wider systems.
- Able to ensure documentation produced is clear and concise and appropriate to the project and/or the recipient.
- Able to identify and resolve technical issues by using in-depth knowledge communication principles.
- Provide mentorship to team members to share knowledge on latest technical developments and design.
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject with extensive experience in the Communications Industry.
- Knowledge of systems utilising the full frequency spectrum.
- Knowledge of military comms (or similar) including legacy in-service systems and proposed future technologies.
- Experience of requirements capture, integrations planning and testing.
- Understand the operation and integration of equipment in the Communications, Development & Integration Facility (CDIF).
- In depth knowledge of commercial telecommunications technology i.e. microwave, Wifi, 4G LTE.
Joining our client offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You'll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what's happening in the market. The range of benefits include generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.