Senior Cloud Specialist
Experis are recruiting for a Senior Cloud Specialist for a large public sector organisation to deliver resilient, high-profile public facing websites and services hosted on the Azure Cloud. The successful contract will also be responsible for maintaining and supporting our existing internally and externally facing services and in identifying and implementing improvements to them.
Location: Remote but may need to travel to Leeds
- Experience of working within in a high-pressure environment, providing support for high-profile public services.
* An advanced understanding of Azure Cloud services in an enterprise environment, including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS and native services.
* Advanced experience of working with development tools such as Git and Azure DevOps
* Experience of continuous deployment, continuous integration methods and tooling.
* Bash/PowerShell/python scripting.
* Infrastructure as Code using Terraform/ARM and task automation.
* An advanced understanding of ITIL practices and release management.
* In depth experience of networking principals in the cloud and domain management.
* Experience of implementing and maintaining container/orchestration services such as Docker and Kubernetes in the production environment.
* Advanced experience working with automated configuration and deployment tooling using Terraform, ARM Templates and Ansible for example.
* Experience of designing and implementing stateless and distributed cloud architectures
* Knowledge of application and log monitoring platforms such as Splunk.
* An advanced working knowledge of Linux and Windows Server administration and the capabilities of each technology.
* Experience of successfully implementing a flexible and pragmatic approach to problem solving and root cause analysis.
* Experience of monitoring enterprise services to ensure appropriate Service Levels are maintained and analysing monitoring data for and troubleshooting and reporting.
* Experience of working within Agile teams and in a DevOps culture.
* Be an effective member of a team, reporting on progress and issues at
* Able to make informed, and effective decisions.
* Able to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant technical information. Consulting with others where appropriate.
* Ability to identify service improvements and to feel confident in highlighting them to colleagues and managers.
* May be required to provide occasional out of hours support for live services as part of the team's on call rota.